Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pretend Cooking with Real Ingredients

Call it a funk, winter blues, post-vacation, depression, anything. I've been down in the dumps lately. I briefly mentioned it in my last post, but at the time I thought I was coming out of it. Not so much. I tried some meds, but they made me sick, so at the moment I'm trying to do it on my own. So I thought to myself, what makes me happy? Emma, of course. And doing things with her is the best! Then I realized, we hadn't done any of our projects in a LONG time. So my current plan is to get active with Em again, and see if that helps! Also, now that I'm back in the blogging mode, I'll try to get a update up from the last THREE weeks! :/

I found this idea on Pinterest and thought Em would love it, so we tried it out! (By the way, this blog, Play Create Explore, has a lot of cute ideas!)

Best part of this project was that we had everything on hand! I cut open a trash bag to make a spill proof mat. Then Em and I went through the cabinets and fridge and picked out ingredients. A couple bowls, a pot, some spoons, and a whisk; and she was ready!

The set up

The ingredients

Cooking diva



The best part? Her running commentary. She may has spent many an hour with the Food Network on...

 The video is just a glimpse of it! She always tones it down with I start recording! Ugh!



The big finale!
And she was so sweet, helped me clean up with NO complaints!


We fed her "famous dish" to the birds! Poor things! Then, I made her some real food with real ingredients for lunch. I can't tell you the last time I COOKED lunch. (It's usually a sandwich or microwave mac n' cheese!)

All her favorites, and it only took like 10 minutes.

You can't tell by that expression, but she liked it! Said it was "a little bit yummy". Ha!



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Emma loves tomatoes too!

    I think you are doing the best thing by focusing on how Emma makes you happy and using it to help you in your funk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you by trying to get our of the "funk" on your own. A lot of people get into these funks and let themselves just stay in them. I call it the winter blues. Winters can be long. Super long. But by focusing on Emma and doing things that she loves, will definately help you out =)

    So first off...I was wondering what in the world you were making with her, and then I clicked on the pintrest link! What a great idea! I bet my Emma would love to do this =)

    And second...how in the world do you guys get your Emma's to eat tomatoes! Ugghh! Our Emma isn't picky at all. She will eat anything. And I mean anything. BUT...if there is a tomato...FORGET it!! LOL I love tomatoes and love to cook with them, but she won't touch them. Your lunch that you made looks delish! Mind sharing recipe?? =)

    Keep your chin up...these long winter months are almost over, and then we'll have a nice warm sunny Spring & Summer! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why Em likes tomatoes! I don't! She just always has!

      The recipe was just really simple. Cooked some farfalle, threw the peas in the last couple of minutes. Drained it all, then put in a tablespoon of butter and a sprinkle of parm. Then, threw in a few tomatoes! Done and done!

      Delete