Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Pinteresting Meal- Trying out new recipes!

Our supper tonight was brought to us by Pinterest (everyone who reads this blog knows I LOVE Pinterest!)

I decided to make a meal with items in my house. Out of my depleted pantry. Today was shopping day, but I "forgot". :) So, I tried a couple of recipes that I had pinned on my Food Board. No photos of the meal itself because I ended up had to rush to get it all done so that Clinton could eat before he left for work.

I tried Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken Breast recipe. Our verdict: pretty flavorful. I didn't have any skin on chicken breasts, but even the boneless, skinless meat stayed pretty moist! The only downside was that it tasted too much like scampi sauce. It was a little strange to be eating it with chicken instead of shrimp. It was still good, though!

As a side dish, I made Salt & Vinegar Broiled Potatoes. I had high hopes, but they didn't turn out like I had wanted, which was probably all my fault. I didn't read the recipe all the way through, so I didn't realize it would take as long as it did. I did not use as much vinegar as the recipe calls for, just used water with a couple of splashes of vinegar. I wasn't sure if I would like that much vinegar taste. The flavor still came through though, and wasn't unpleasant. Also, I expected them to be crisper and ended up burning several under the broiler to get them as crisp as I wanted them. AND I put too much salt on them. I re-salted after mixing them all together because I was afraid there wasn't ENOUGH salt. Figures.

For dessert, Em and I made peanut butter cookies. I got inspiration from these Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies. I didn't make the filling because I didn't have all the ingredients, and I just used a peanut butter cookie recipe from a cookie cook book that I have. Since, I made these earlier in the day, I did get pictures!

These were definitely family only cookies because Emma licked everything. Included some of the dough. 


All ready to create! We added pink and red sprinkles to the sugar!


Little hands :)

My pans look TERRIBLE!


And this is when Em was banished... just keeping it real. 


The finished product. Cute and yummy! 


Em thought so, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment